We provide a rapid and cost-effective response to domestic clients. Our streamlined approach includes free quotations via telephone or email, and where possible, domestic survey and report completion within two working days of inspection. Domestic surveys include:
- Structural engineering reports as required by mortgage lenders.
- Reports on the stability of walls and foundations.
- Identification of structural problems and defects.
- Advice on resolving problems and defects uncovered by the survey.
- Insurance and expert witness reports.
We have many years’ experience in domestic design, completing over 500 domestic projects a year. And our fully-chartered engineers have worked on the following types of projects, to name just a few:
- Internal alteration.
- Extensions and loft conversions.
- Barn and mill conversions.
- Specialist foundation design including pile and raft solutions.
- Designs to correct previous structural defects.
- Advice and guidance on insurance claims.
We have wide experience in the structural design and detailing of housing developments. Typical design elements we cover are:
- Foundation design including pile and raft solutions.
- Organisation of site investigation and contamination reporting for planning and construction.
- Drainage design including adoptable systems (section 104 agreements) and new connection applications (section 106 application).
- Structural design
- External works, including adoptable highway design and detailing (Section 38 agreements) and new entrance design and detailing (Section 278 agreements).
We can also organise additional reports including drainage CCTV surveys and topographical surveys etc.
We have used Holdgate Consulting Limited for over 15 years. Initially they produced a structural survey when we purchased a house first built in 1787. Needless to say there where several areas that required work before we moved in. Most recently they consulted on the removal of part of a wall in our kitchen/dining room and the steel work required to join the rooms. I can't recommend them highly enough.Jenny Hannigan, SKipton
Contacted Holdgate Consulting for an orangery design and structural plan along with planning permission for a grade 2* listed building consent. Listened to our ideas and asked some useful questions that helped direct our thinking. Promptly obtained planning permission and listed consent and we were really happy with the results.Dr Morgan, Bradford
We contacted Holdgate Consulting to help us with the conversion of a barn into a house. They were extremely knowledgeable and helped from the initial survey through to the full structural design and during the build. Their experience helped the build run smoothly and helped reduce the build cost. Would definitely recommend their services.Mr Hainsworth, Ilkley
Our apartment was suffering from cracks and broken floor tiles, due to the floor sinking. We commissioned a structural survey by Mr Ryan Peel of Holdgate Consulting to find out the reasons for the problem, and to support our insurance claim for a substantial repair. The thoroughness of the report, and Mr. Peel's communication with the insurance company, lead to a successful outcome for us. We recommend Holdgate without reservation.JK, Bingley
Ryan and Holdgate Consulting are exceptional structural engineers. They understand the need for a client to get things right first time, always providing thoughtful solutions without ‘overkill’. The review of design is decisive and on point. I would recommend them without hesitation.Jonathan Smith, Hawkcliffe Farm